Monday, October 17, 2011

The "Mac" Legacy

Inspiration comes in many forms.  I am lucky enough to have married into a family that has a very firm grasp on that.  EVERY member of my extended "Mac" family will whole-heartedly agree that Inspiration comes from those you choose to surround yourself with.  Now, different members may interpret that differently, but they ALL (and I'm talking 26 first cousins here, plus all of the married-in's like me) look to each other whenever they are in need of a laugh or a shared tear.

I was six months pregnant with my first born when Grandpa Mac passed away, 10 years ago today.  While I only knew him for a short time, I see the difference he has made in this world every day.  My extended family has been molded by his leadership, dedication, and ultimate devotion to family. 

Whether it be unfaltering dedication to bid euchre, fishing for damn nuisance sun fish, or crazy talk around the campfire, Grandpa Mac is always there.  Thank you, Grandpa Mac, from every generation.

Paradise



 (Yes, family, I realize it's actually Mc, but I didn't want it to be "Golden Arched" in reference)

2 comments:

  1. I love you Grandpa Mac! I'm so sad that Seth didn't get to meet him, but I think that grandpa would approve. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful tribute to his legacy Dana. We are so lucky to have a place like "Paradise" to be able to surround ourselves with extended family and be able to savour the years of hard work Dad and Mom worked at to give us such a gift. Thanks for the "memory". Love Aunt Heather P.S. You'll have to know I'm sitting at my desk ready to finally leave work and the tears are flowing. I managed to keep them back yesterday but not today.

    ReplyDelete